Nothing much happened on days 3 & 4, I mean what can you do when your sat on a beach for two days (LOL). I had forecasts of F4 to F6 & despite my frustration I decided to play it safe & sit out the weather.
I would have given it a go if I wasn't solo, but as a solo paddler I have to be a little more cautious. I know other kayakers have a higher comfort level that me but I intend to stick within my comfort zone of what I consider safe & enjoy my time on the water.
the weather wasn't too bad but the tide was early & I was knackered from the portage the previous night as i had dragged my boat most of the way up the beach fully loaded till a friendly local helped me carry it to the end of the sand. Won't do that again, my back was well stiff!
Didn't sleep too well last night, I was woken by thunder & lightning about 12AM. Luckily it seemed quite distant though the flashes were still quite bright.
Woke to a stiff breeze, F4-5 predicted, it didn't look too bad but I decided to play it safe & lose another day. It was up to F6 in the evening.
I thought today might be the day despite the forecast, (just how long can the crap weather last?), the forecast however was F6 at Mumbles :(
I called my Mum for a 5 day forecast from the BBC weather web page & it didn't look too good so I've decided to take a break & wait for the low pressure to pass & head off again ASAP.
I'm glad at least that I've got a couple of stages done & it gives me a great opportunity to slimline my kit as I seem to have too much :)